Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Look

Set up was fairly easy, the worst part was that as part of creating an account I had to have my picture taken.  Now when I sign on I have to look at my disheveled mug.  Once you have gone through the set up the Chrome web browser is Chrome operating system.

A little bit scary:  I've always tried to manage my web presence; if some one Googles me they will only see information I want them to see.  I only got a Facebook account this week because I have a re-election campaign coming up and I want to connect to those hip kids.  With in seconds of logging in Chrome had downloaded all the extensions that I use at work and home.  Bookmarks, history and even my work printers were all there in seconds.  Google search might not yield much about me but the over lords at Google know which printer I favor and what size font I like.  (I welcome our new Google over lords and I am more than willing to act as a richly rewarded go between them and common mortals.)

I guess this is what they mean when they say the cloud.  All that info that used to be stored in ini files on a hard drive is just out there some where available to you where ever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment